In recent years, more women than ever have undergone endometrial ablation to treat their irregular menstrual bleeding. Endometrial ablation uses radio frequency technology to burn/ablate the uterine lining (endometrium) to significantly decrease or stop menstrual bleeding. Doing so can effectively regulate menstruation for women who do not wish to become pregnant in the future. However, the benefits of endometrial ablation extend beyond just stopping irregular bleeding. Allow our board-certified gynecologist, Dr. Kristine Gould, to explain:
Physical Benefits of Endometrial Ablation
- No more bloating associated with especially heavy menstrual cycles
- No more monthly cramping
- Lowered risk of anemia due to excessive blood loss
- Reduced risk of certain uterine infections
Mental Benefits of Endometrial Ablation
- Improvement of symptoms associated with PMS including mood swings, irritability, and headaches
- Improved sleep and a reduction of “time of the month” fatigue
- Increased sex drive due to reduction in bleeding-related complications
Here at Gynecology Associates of Gwinnett, we offer different methods of endometrial ablation procedures. This includes ablation using controlled heat, cold, or different types of energy depending on each patient’s specific needs and preferences.
Regardless of which procedure option is employed, post-treatment is typically simple and the results are typically successful and long-lasting. For more information or to request a gynecology appointment with Dr. Kristine Gould or one of our other providers today, please contact Gynecology Associates of Gwinnett. You can also follow along with us on Facebook and our medical spa, MadEmEl Medical Aesthetics, on Instagram.